Tuesday 20 March 2012

In the Kitchen with La Tartine Gourmande

Recently I bought La Tartine Gourmande, a wonderful cookbook. I'm so excited that I'll be taking a photography and food styling class from the author, Beatrice Peltre, along with Lara Ferroni this May. And I was really excited to get a copy of La Tartine Gourmande. I've made a few dishes from the book including some amazing buttermilk, lemon, poppyseed pancakes. I think I've made them 4 times so far, and the last batch was the best. They're made with rice flour and quinoa flour instead of wheat flour. They also include quinoa flakes, which gives them a bit of a nutty flavor and crunchy texture. They're really delicious! We don't have an oven in our temporary apartment, so I'm a bit limited to what I can make from the the book for now, but what I have made has been great. Beatrice also has a lot of recipes on her blog. More pancakes coming up tomorrow!

1 comment:

marilu said...

You are going to be so good at Food styling photography! Cannot wait to see more photos on your blog!